In 1914, a group of citizens, led by F.M. Richardson, appeared before the school board to appeal for appropriations to construct an emergency school. Three hundred dollars was appropriated for the building material, and the people of the community generously contributed their time and effort to construct a one-room school building.
In 1919, three community school merged with LeGrande and a second room was added to the building. Finally in 1927, a four-year high school was started.
Starting in the summer of 1999, the building was completely renovated with new classrooms, a media center, and a computer lab. We now house Preschool-Eighth Grade with an enrollment of 241 students.